Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Being a photographer...

Being a photographer is much more than pointing and shooting, more than just having the right equipment. More than just having "the eye", much much more. It is a combination of factors.

Cartier-Bresson said it like this: “To photograph: it is to put on the same line of sight the head, the eye and the heart.”

For me being a photographer is the result of having "the eye" and knowing how to look; having the equipment and knowing how to use it; pointing and shooting at the correct time in the right direction; it is knowing when to wait and when to jump; when to shoot safe and when to experiment; it means using all of your senses and exercising them, but most of all it is more than taking a photograph or capturing a moment, it means being a photographer, by living, breathing and making photography.

After getting lost for a while with all the changes in my life I finally found my way back to the real me: the Vio Photographer. It might not be the easiest or safest way but it is my way.

Welcome back to myself and welcome back to you, to this space.

And while I wasn't posting photographs or inspiration here I didn't forget my origins, so wait for it because it is coming...



If you have twitter  Follow Vio Productions !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment