Monday, December 26, 2011

The experience of PETRA


The greatness of Petra --Jordania-- can not be put into words. Let me start by saying that I did not imagine it at all, I wasn't really conscious of where I was doing or what was I going to experience; because going to Petra is not what you see but how you see it, how do you experience it.

I took a tour and meet great people on it. It was fun.

We traveled from TLV to Eilat, and then to the border where we crossed walking. It was interesting and easy, but the coming back at nigh and walking through no-body's land --the part in between both countries-- was a little terrifying, specially if you watched to many movies! ;)You are walking through empty space, and you know there are armed people on both sides, from different sides, and you have the lights on you.

The view is breathtaking, how the light travels through the mountains, the long walk, the beautiful people, everything is amazing, superb, out of this world.

Of course there are stories and I took pictures, but some places you just have to see in person.

Let me just tell you about the awesomeness of sitting in the middle of it and some some arguile with the natives. Seeing them run and jump around like nothing because this is their backyard, when all of us "tourists" get tired or it takes us an hour an a half to climb through mountains when it takes them 25 minutes. And the long walk back through the mountains. The camels.













It is incredible! but next time I want to camp with the Bedouins and stay to see the beautiful sky.



(I am short on words today, but it was truly one of the best trips ever)

No comments:

Post a Comment