Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I ♥ TLV (part I)

Tel Aviv

Let me condense all of my days in TLV, before and after other days in this post. I will talk about each day with their photos, but the days are not one after the other completely.


What can I tell you about Tel Aviv? It is a city, The City, although it is small, and by small I mean smaller than Mexico City or NY, probably a little bigger than Ventura, but it feels like a city. The life in it is of a City, and I lo ve It.

There are places that open 24hrs, there are different museums (although I haven't gone to one, and I don't really plan on going to one), big huge malls, live streets, live performances, big concerts, shuks! (lot's of them markets), it is also by the beach and has a nice walk, and it has Yaffo (the old city).

My days here have been fun, lot's of walking and some resting; you know me I lo ve a Ci ty.

Remember in TLV I am staying with F and his roommates D and IF, so we talked about F and D, so here goes IZ. He's been living in TLV for all his time here, so he is my guide. In stead of exact drawings like D, he tells me where I have to go, kind of writes in a funny way the direction and starts talking about much more, I am not going to lie, it is a bit confusing, and then I write the rest of it. Why is it kind of writing directions? Because he tells me to walk out of the house and take a left and then walk to the sea and then in stead of telling me whether to turn right o left he tells me to walk with the sea at my left or right; so it is not problematic but it is kind of funny. Or take the bus that goes that way, up, or something. But I got places to visit and so I go...

First day I went toward Yaffo (sea to my right) and on the beautiful walk there was a pigeon man:







Continued and a man started chatting with me, we sat down and talked for a couple of hours, then I continued my walk.

Let me talk about the cats, million of cats on the streets. The story says that there was a rat problem when the British governed Israel (no pun intended, I think) and to put an end to it, they brought the cats. They took care of the rat problem, but left one of cats.





I went to the Shuk ha Pishpishim (El mercado de las pulgas), literally the Flea Market. And it is, indeed. And the clock tower and so on. Walked and walked and walked. I still have time so I decided to go to one of the museums and saw my guide "indications" and it said that bus #24 takes me to some museums and #25 takes me to others,  I looked around and discovered a stop for the bus winner #25. So I crossed the street and when the bus came I took it. Now let me explain to you how it works, every time I am in new place I make my best to be part of it and know my directions, because the only way to probe you are a native is when you can solve other peoples direction problems. So I take the bus and I am waiting for my stop, which I don't really know which one it is, but it should take me to some of the know places and I could figure it out, because I also didn't asked the driver to tell me when we got to my stop. So I wait, and wait, and wait; and don't recognize anything, so I move closer to the stop names on the glass, trying to look that I actually know where I am going but just curious to see how much longer. And let's remember I have no idea where I am going. To make the story short, when I realized I took the wrong bus, it was before the last stop. So I get out of the bus and can't find the bus that goes back. So I call F and ask him which buses go to his house, he tells me the simpler way is to find the #25 that goes back. I look for it, and finally get to it, and the zone doesn't look so pretty or the people, and it takes 15-20mns for the bus to get there, with of course the same driver. I take my seat and let the drive back flow. I try to figure out where do I want to get out, and saw some familiar names, I decided not to go directly to the museum (which was my first direction on the first bus, an hour or so before) and take a walking through one of the shuks or the Rabin plaza. The shuk gets here so I get off and walk around, ask for directions and a nice walk after I get home finally on time for dinner...





Day 2

I walk around, went to כיכר רבין the plaza where the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin occurred on November 4, 1995.




Not much more, walked to the Tel Aviv Museum of Art, but just went to the gift store, and looked through books. Saw some skaters. And keep walking.



to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment